1. On Your Car
- Go to settings on the vehicle infotainment screen.
- Go to the “Phone” page.
- Select “Add Device” / “Add Phone.”
- Make note of the Device Name. Most likely it will be “Subaru BT.”
2. On Your Android Device
- On the Android device, go to settings. This step will vary by Android device. Settings can always be found under Apps. On newer Android devices, Apps is opened by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
- Select “Connected Devices” or “Connections.”
- Select “Bluetooth.”
- At this step, either select “Pair New Device,” or the phone will already be showing nearby devices to add.
- Select “Subaru BT” or whatever the device name is.
- Select “Pair” and ensure “Allow access to your contacts and call history” is enabled.
- Select “Yes” to the Message Access Request pop-up.
3. Back to Your Vehicle Screen
- On the vehicle screen, confirm the PIN and download phonebook contacts.
4. You’re Finished!
- At this point, the Android phone should be paired and ready to use.
- If your phonebook or messages are not appearing correctly, go to “Phone” on your home screen, select “Change Device” under “Overview” and ensure “Phonebook Download” is enabled.
- If you still cannot access your phonebook or messages, go back to your phone’s Bluetooth settings and select the gear icon next to your vehicle’s device name. Ensure all settings are enabled.